2.1.10

New Christmahanakwanzaka Day


Holiday, originally uploaded by SisterSafetyPin.

Is now officially over. Everyone can now breathe a collective sigh of relief for making it through alive.

I really meant to do a year in review blog post on the 31st, which would have been comprised of the photo's I never got around to posting while being slightly introspective. However, December 31st saw me in the mood to do little else other then watch a few favorite movies while drinking Kalhua inspired coffee.

So? Two days later and I'm finally getting around to uploading the photos I took Christmas night during a peak of nostalgia for Christmases past when I would have been overwhelmed with holiday cheer the entire week before the day actually came. [Wow, talk about a run on] Oh well.

In other news, I went to Trader Joe's today and was a wee bit overwhelmed. So much good stuff, so little money to buy it all.. However, I went there for one thing and one thing only... Mochi Ice Cream.

What is Mochi, you ask? Only a little piece of Japanese heaven. Explain further? Well, they are insanely thin pastry balls made from rice, filled with ice cream. So far I've only tasted chocolate & green tea. However, I have it on good authority that the red bean is equally delicious.

I don't know, it's all good. I spent yesterday with really awesome Buddhas. First at New Years gongyo, then I was invited to a get together where I got to have fresh homemade Korean food. Including the insanely tasty Kimchi sushi and beef soup.

If yesterday was anything to go on, it's going to be a good year.

No comments: