19.1.10

Brown Paper Packages


IMG_4624, originally uploaded by SisterSafetyPin.

130 bands | Meeting people from around the world | Submerging oneself in music | 4 nights camping on the Polo Fields | Coachella Music and Arts Festival.

Like brown paper packages tied up with string, those are a few of my favorite things.

So the line-up was announced today and it's been a steady stream of escalating excitement since. Which is slightly ironic, considering LA county was under a tornado watch until late afternoon. But perhaps, that was simply Mother Nature trying to make sense of a line-up as insanely stacked as this one.

Coachella 2010 promises to be 4 days of utter madness. A passive glance at the line up and I see quite a few bands that I've already seen. However, a second glance reveals even more that I've never heard of. A third glance highlights the fact that of the bands that I've already seen, most are bands I'd eagerly awaited seeing again.

Put it all together and it's sensory overload.

As I set out to educate myself on the bands I'd never heard of, I was assaulted by images of the campgrounds. Of the first steps past security where the first thing you see is the row of Palm trees, the Main and Side stages just visible between them. And the only thing I know for sure is that Coachella 2010 is going to feel a lot like coming home.

I See Lights - King Khan and the Shrines

No comments: