23.12.10

Love You More


IMG_4354, originally uploaded by SisterSafetyPin.

...Than you like me

So the rain has finally stopped and for the first time in weeks, I see the sun.

Now if I were telling you this story in person I might have paused to break out in song... You know the really annoying one from the 90s?

I saw the sun.. It opened up my life! I saw the sun...

Yeah... Not nearly as funny through text, but if you went to my private elementary school you to would cringe at the memory. Why? You ask. Well... Let's put it this way...

A group of girls, that would sing that horrible song on loop. Actually now that I think about... I think they only say that small portion of the song... Which is probably why 18 years later it still torments me.

But like I said, the sun is out. Or rather, was out. Because at 4:21 pm, there's only a good 30 to 40 minutes left of sun, if that.

However, the respite was welcome. Even if it literally is only a brief one, considering it's expected to rain on Sunday.

In other news, for some reason I've been living through this week expecting Christmas to be on Friday. Yeah... apparently not. But that's what happens when you don't watch tv, abstain from the internet for extended periods of time and get multiple shocks dropped on you within a short period of time.

Escapism.

Despite it all, this has been a relatively tame week. Sure there have been bouts of... Over emotional stimulation, but it's the holidays. Who isn't being over stimulated?

Really, I just think we all needed a little bit of sun. Or perhaps the need was felt only by me... I'd say it's like moving from a space station to a place on earth where it's dark 90 percent of the year... You need to see the sun before you can feel like you've come home.

It's all rather interesting.

What you do to me... No one knows | Queens of the Stone Age | No One Knows

No comments: