16.12.10

Is it a tombstone?


Sweetness, originally uploaded by SisterSafetyPin.

Life is funny sometimes.

And really, I say that so often it should be my catchphrase. Or rather, it will end up being one of things people will remember me by. My tombstone, in all likelihood could end up reading: Indeed, Life is Funny Sometimes...

Actually, now that I think about it I may just have to request that it happens that way. It'd be my last inside joke that would last as long as people remembered me...

But that was a tangent. So...

Life is funny sometimes.

This was supposed to be the year of increased everything. Increased blogposts, increased music consumption, increased relevancy, and just... more.

Yet as we near the end of the year it's becoming increasingly obvious that that will not be the case. Sure, I've managed to widen my musical horizons, but really... There was never a chance that that wasn't going to happen. On the other hand however, I'll be lucky to break even with my blog count for last year and as for relevancy...

That's always up for debate, but I'm not sure I did so well there either.

This was a year of calm drama. Which... is kind of funny in a not kind of way. I gained and lost friends as quickly as my heart beats and yet... Funnily enough, I will end the year with the same core friends I had at the beginning of it.

I'd like to think I grew some this year. I learned more about myself and thus learned more about others. I reached an apex of my faith then became disillusioned by my fellow members.

I changed this year.

Not for better or worse, simply a sidestep in life.

I reconnected with the woman I once thought I'd marry only to realize there are somethings better left in the past, untouched by present day realities.

Really, for a year seemingly so mundane it only makes sense that my experiences within it be equally mundane yet many.

It's funny in a way.

I barely posted anything here this year, and yet my Google Buzz account is practically brimming with nonsense. It seems, while it might have been a slow news year for me personally... The rest of the world was brimming with stories that made you ache for a time that never was... A time when common sense was the law of the land and people using logic wasn't such an absurd unheard of thought.

I don't know. There have been plenty of times when I, between destinations would think.. . Life is funny sometimes... then words would pour out of my brain only to disappear into the air because I didn't take the time to write them down.

Maybe it's better that way.

I don't know... One day I'll make sense. 'Till then, there's music to be listened to and thoughts to be thought.

Oh, and a story to be written.

"My thoughts were so loud I couldn't hear my mouth..." - Modest Mouse

No comments: