7.12.08

I'm so tired, of playing...

Playing with this bow and arrow...
Gonna give my heart away,
Leave it to the other girls to play...
For I've been a Temptress, to long

Portishead, originally uploaded by nicolemonet2002.

Music.


I find myself incapable of understanding people who aren't completely consumed by it. Listening to the chords, the drum beat, the voice singing over the melody...


Perhaps people are able to ignore the addiction simply because they have never experienced it live? Or maybe it's simply, because people find themselves addicted to a lesser demons such as the television or movies. I don't know.


All I know is that music consumes me the way some people are consumed by heroin. Once hooked, it's impossible to let it go. To remember a time before there was music. If there ever was such a time. It courses through my blood and creates the beat of my heart. And with out it?

I'd die.

No comments: