7.9.10

23


image, originally uploaded by SisterSafetyPin.

So... I had a few really great openers swimming in my head all day. Unfortunately, I didn't bother to write any of them down so all you get is this lame explanation.

Moving on...

It's been a while... since I could... hold my head up high... Just Kidding. Does anyone actually remember who sang that song? I bloody hated it so much that I mocked it constantly. Unfortunately, now I can't: say, type or think, It's been a while, without wanting to tack on the rest of that line...

But it has been a while since I've updated this thing, and in that time I've aged a year and started school... Actually, saying that I aged a year seems grammatically incorrect, I think it implies that I was away from the blog for a year and then came back... Thus, aged a year.

It hasn't been that long. So revision time....

My birthday was on the 3rd, [my favoritest person across the pond's birthday was the 2nd] and I turned 23.YAY ME! Oh god, I'm getting old... Just kidding again! Kind of...

Moving on again...

I also started classes [obviously] and I didn't realize how indoctrinated by the journalism program I had become until I enrolled in my first English class in... Christ, 4 years? My professor has asked us to read and summarize different texts. No problem right? Right. Except, I now read and summarize like a journalist major. Anything more then the bare facts is fluff and is to be eliminated.

Naturally, my teacher grades like an English teacher. Meaning, she expects the fluff to be present. Luckily for me, the professor seems really cool and more than willing to work with students with ticks brought on by their major. The second I told her I was a Journalism major she was like, Ah ok... Just make note of that on your paper.

Funnily enough, in that same class we have to interview someone in the field we want to be in and ask questions on what it's like to be in said field... This should have been easy. After all, I'm a Journalism major... So naturally I would interview a journalist, right?

Wrong. I have no idea if I actually want to be a journalist. I'm double majoring in Journalism and Women studies because I love the subject matter. Also because at the very least, I'll be prepared for a career... [Actually, I think I simply like to over complicate things and I'm most likely going to end up working as a journalist]

But getting back to the point... I was wracking my brain for someone who I could interview and be confident in knowing their answers would matter to me when I remembered... I know a self-employed author who also works as an editor! Perfect! All aspects of her life appeal to me. And as luck would have it, [personally, I think it's just that all authors live and breathe flattery and asking to interview her was a form of flattery] she agreed!

So... yeah that was awesome.

Did I mention my birthday just passed? Cause it did...I'm kind of running on empty now so I leave you with song I'm currently spinning...

...On the day that I turned 23,
I was curled up underneath a dogwood tree
When suddenly a girl with skin the color of a pearl
She wandered aimlessly, but she didn't seem to see...

Furr
| Blitzen Trapper | Furr

No comments: