21.3.10

Lost Boy


IMG_4707, originally uploaded by SisterSafetyPin.

It's about time I've given some reference to Corey Haim, the lesser half of my favorite, Corey Feldman. And what better way then a day in which the title aptly applies to me? You know, minus the boy part.

I left the house this morning about two hours after waking up at 12. I had no real goal in mind. I was vaguely hungry though, so I figured I'd hop on the first bus that stopped in front of my house and get off at the first sign of something good.

By the time I got on the bus I'd realized I forgot my ipod and my phone still isn't activated [we'll get to that later]. However, just yesterday I'd dedicated an hour to loading 12 books on my phone so i figured it wouldn't be a total loss.

Halfway into the ride, about 30 minutes later, I realize I'm actually not that hungry but that I'd get off if a diner still serving breakfast came into view. Another 30 minutes later and I was getting off the bus at a local train station. I hadn't found a diner. And the train was delayed by about 20 minutes.

By the time I got off at the train station a few blocks from my house i realized I felt utterly lost. Completely bereft. Without music playing constantly in my ears i felt like I was walking underwater in alien lands. Truly, a walk I usually navigate daily suddenly seemed to stretch on forever as I made my why home.

When I got home I still felt moderately discontent. So I decided to leave again for the Starbucks a few houses down from my house, in the opposite direction from where I had just come. I didn't want coffee, but I did need something.

As soon as I walked into the room, i felt the air-conditioner and saw two of my favorite baristas. I ordered a Venti Iced Soy Green Tea latte. It had been a while since I'd had one and it was suddenly all I could imagine having right then. As I waited for my drink to be made, the music playing started to slowly filter into my awareness.

Damien Rice | Abruptly cut off and replaced by | the Gorillaz | played all the way through | Followed by another artist...

I was starting to feel alive again. Like waking up. I got my drink shortly after and walked home.

It's 3 now.

1 comment:

Dex said...

That's a lot of books on your phone! I have a hard.ass time reading on mine, and I'm entirely jealous of those who have Kindles. I'm starting to feel like my book-books are stone tablets.